Tuesday, June 19, 2018

What if....

I got up from a strange dream that I don't fully recall. The question on my mind:


What if Writers all go to an Afterlife peopled only by their creations?


Too many thoughts tumbled through after that question. Obviously, a part of my mind scanned through all of my own creations as I desperately wondered whether I would be happy. Scared? Running for my life? Alone, watching others live a life of love? Would it be days of Adventure of would it quickly get Boring?


Another part of my mind seized on Tolkein - speculating on whether he would choose a singular society to dwell with or if he would be another Gandalf, welcome anywhere he went.


A small piece of me sadistically laughed at George R. R. Martin and the cruel world he created, knowing he wouldn't survive his creations. (Sorry GOT fans, I really don't get it or want to get it - one of his books was enough for me).


Stephen King? Wow! There's one I wouldn't want to be...but then he does know all his creation's weaknesses, so he just might be fine.


Hmmmm...Julie Garwood/Nora Roberts/Judith McNaught/Diana Gabaldon - love and adventure? Yes, please.


If you're a writer - what do you think? Would you be okay?


If you're a reader - is there a writer whose world you'd like to share?


Please feel free to share your thoughts, I'm very interested in what you have to say.





1 comment:

  1. An interesting discussion is value comment. I believe that you need to write extra on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject however generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers slots for real money

    ReplyDelete