Sunday, October 1, 2017

Devil's Cafe

Once upon a time, when I was much younger, I found poetry to be an excellent outlet for all sorts of feelings. There words could flow and rhythm could give me a sense of control over life that I didn't really have.


In this blog I will share a few of those - for your amusement and mine. I'll start with the one for which I decided to name this bog.


Again, these are the unvarnished and unsophisticated words of my teenage years - so be kind.


Devil's Café


Welcome to the Devil's Café
Here you'll find all evil they say
See that angel there in the red dress?
She's a damsel in distress...
Go save her, prince so fair
Go save her if you dare
Yes, the demons guarding her and fierce and strong
Oh, you're right. Something's wrong.
Why does she smile? you ask
Let me explain before you accept this task
Beauty is as beauty does
and there's nothing this beauty hasn't done
See her green eyes cold as ice,
her red hair and ruby gown
Yes isn't she nice?
This beauty has a tale of woe
Are you sure you want to know?
At the age of 13 the pretty bébé
Seduced a Lord and killed his Lady
As his mistress she was kept
until she left him and then he wept
Full six hundred and sixty six has she killed
and why? so her father would be thrilled
Who's her father? you ask, dear boy
He's the devil who loves to dispel joy
Yes, the one with the man's body and the goat's legs
The one who laughs while the tortured begs
Yes, of course, dear boy
Satan has a daughter; and she's pretty enough
to drag you to hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment