Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Super-short scary stories for Halloween - Part 1



He looked so sad standing there in the middle of the street. Long dark hair falling into a pretty face with eyes so soulful. The street itself was deserted.


"I need forgiveness," he said, "and I can never have it."


"What do you mean I asked? Everyone deserves forgiveness..." I didn't know him. I had no idea what I was even doing there. All memory of the steps that had brought me here seemed to have vanished.


He shook his head. "I don't. You don't know who I am. You have no idea of all the things I have done."


My eyes stung with unshed tears for the pain he was obviously going through.


"Everyone deserves forgiveness," I said again.


"Would you grant me absolution then?" he asked.


I was not a priest. Just a girl. A girl with no power to absolve. But if the notion that I could absolve him would give him some measure of peace?


"I do."


"Say the words," he said, with a strange intensity.


"I absolve you of all your sins," I said.


He laughed.


The wind howled and his true form was revealed.


"Your father in heaven was certain that a pure soul could not be tricked into doing what you just did," said Lucifer. He bowed. "I must thank you. You have no idea how much power you just gave me..."


I stood frozen as the wind howled around me. He disappeared, leaving only a trace of brimstone in the air to rebuke me for the stupidest mistake ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment